Sunday, April 27, 2008

It's a boy! Or is it an alien?

Ultrasounds are a funny thing. It can tell you the gender of your baby and assist in diagnosing certain problems like Down's Syndrome. And obviously it gives you the first pictures of your baby and with the new 3d ultrasounds, it's no longer a fuzzy, grainy, black and white photo (See photo at left, courtesy of Wikipedia - it's not our boy, since Kari didn't want to post ours.) For some, looking at the ultrasound pictures and videos is an enjoyable experience. Not so much for Kari and I. We've had some minor issues, so we've probably had more ultrasounds than normal. So when the ultra sound specialist is going on and on about how beautiful your baby boy is, and we're sitting there thinking like, that is one ugly baby, I guess we're in the minority with our viewpoint? I mean, yeah, I understand that the baby is only 20 weeks old and can't open his eyes and isn't fully developed, but is it really that enjoyable to look at? I mean, he looks like E.T.! We still ended up paying the $5 for the DVD so that we could show Kari's mom the video.

No comments: