Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Kari's Pregnant!

So I know that I’m starting this blog late, seeing as how Kari is 20 weeks pregnant, but anyway...

When we found out that Kari was pregnant, it wasn’t that exciting for us. But what was fun (at least for me) was telling everyone you know for a period of 5 years after you got married that you’re not planning to have kids (in fact, vehemently denying that we would ever have kids), then finally telling them that your wife is pregnant, and watching the looks and reactions from everyone. Ha ha, suckas! However, you do have to live with the fact that you essentially lied to them all during the time that you’ve been trying (in our case the last two years). But if your wife wants you not to tell people that we’re trying, what am I supposed to do? It is a personal matter, and besides, do you really need people creating mental images in their head when you tell them you’re trying? I mean, physically, it only means one thing...

The problem now is that my credibility is shot – nobody can believe me anymore. You can add having kids to the list of items that I said I would never do: like get air conditioning for our house, or get a dog, or get a right-hand ring for Kari (although she wears it on her left, is it still considered a right-hand ring?) Of course, right now, I’m telling everyone that we’re only going to have one kid, but I don’t know if anyone believes me.

2 comments:

aimee said...

I think the ring still counts.

Anonymous said...

Shoots. You mean my tactics for halting the baby question (which, for the record, started the night of our wedding) will blow up in my face? I'm sad. Very sad.